20 Mei 2013

East Java !



"When was the last time you doing something for the first time?" - Trinity on The Naked Traveler 3.
Few years ago, I was a type of people who doesn't like to meet someone new. When I was in high school, I did not really like the school policy to change the classes every year. I hate to leave my old classmates and meet the new one. But life has told me the art of meeting new people. Since graduated from high school and become college student, I learn a lot. Life change, people change, you have to change (to be so good). Life is a mystery, so going to new places, learn about new people, get new friends and relation is one of what I called fascinating experiences.

Last month I sent my application and essay to Youth Environmental Leader Summit (YELS) 2013 in Surabaya. And thanks God, I accepted as the main participant. My friends were interested to apply in Future Leader Summit (FLS) in Semarang. Both of those events are will be hold in the same date, I chose YELS it means I have to go to Surabaya alone by myself on 16th May.

My parents supported me but they asked, "Are you scared?"
"No, I'm not going to Papua. And even I'm going to Papua, I will not scared. I must be excited," I told them.

I arrived at Surabaya on Thursday morning. The committee picked me up and took me to Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS). My first thought after seeing ITS was... cool. Although ITS is not as big as my campus, it was really tidy, green, and clean there.

We got a strawberry bread for breakfast. I was in one table with Kak Iis from Universitas Sriwijaya (Palembang) and three boys from Bandung, Eko from Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Andrian from Universitas Padjajaran, and Diki from LP3I. Diki is the youngest among us. I'm salute for those new college students who were active to join such an event like this in another city since their first year. I thought that 100% peoples here are the persons I haven't ever meet yet but suddenly I found Destra, one of my friends in IYGS 2013, from Unair hahaha.

We got some materials during the first day. We met Mr. Sulistyono, an activist, he's one of the person that fight for education and environment. His willing to delete RSBI from Indonesia was accepted few months ago by the government after a long time fight. Mr. Sulistyono gave a material about self motivation. We also got a chance to meet Mrs. Hermien Roosita from Kementrian Lingkungan Hidup. She told us about government policy of environment. I felt grateful to hear and asked her about some policy thingy that I haven't ever think about before.

Me and all the participants got a surprise. The committee brought us to Pusat Penelitian Lingkungan Hidup (PPLH) Mojokerto. It took about 2 hours by bus from Surabaya. I saw so many things during the trip. Surabaya was awesome. Tidy, clean, and green for sure.

I got a great three days in Mojokerto and Surabaya. New friends, new relation, new information, became a team leader, discussed something, planted mangrove, aah thanks God for letting me going to East Java and join this event so I could develop my self, my capacity to start doing something for my environment and beloved country.

view around Pusat Penelitian Lingkungan Hidup (PPLH) Mojokerto

FGD team


outbound team
mangrove time!
 
many lampions and chinese thingy at pantai kenjeran surabaya


Aulia, me, Idris on our "enviro-man" T-shirts

I finished my time in East Java at 6.15 PM. The next day, I arrived at Jakarta then went to Bogor because I needed to take a rest before going to Bandung on Monday.

Anyway why did I write this post in English? I used to watch a comedy serial titled How I Met Your Mother by using english subtitle. Then I try to watch another well-known comedy serial named The Big Bang Theory without any subtitle. I felt bad and stupid because I rarely learn how to improve my english skill, so I tried to write this post in english :)

Tidak ada komentar: