30 Desember 2014

Finish the Unfinished

I re-watch my favorite tv series all the time, How I Met Your Mother (seriously, I love this series more than I love Petualangan Sherina. As you know, I really really love Petualangan Sherina). This morning I watched episode 03 in season 06 titled "Unfinished". It was a really nice episode to watch in the end of a year. Ted reminds me to finish what I had started but I haven't finish yet.

Of all the words you could use to describe La Sagrada Familia
Brown, pointy, weird... The one that really seems to stick is "unfinished."
Why?
Because on June 7, 1926, the architect Antoni Gaudi was run over by a bus.
And so, his greatest masterpiece would remain forever

Gaudí, to his credit, never gave up on his dream.
But that's not usually how it goes.
Usually it isn't a speeding bus that keeps the brown, pointy, weird church from getting built.

Most of the time it's just too difficult, too expensive, too scary.
It's only once you've stopped that you realize how hard it is to start again,
so you force yourself not to want it.

But it's always there.
And until you finish it, it will always be...

(unfinished)

There are a lot of things I had started but I have not finish it yet. I guess I am too scared to start it again. I am not ready to face all the coming-up-things. But hey, Ted said, "Doesn't being scared let you know you're on something important?".

So, let's back on the right track and go finish it.

2 komentar:

Rieza Amalia mengatakan...

Astaga itu aku banget!

Nadia Azka mengatakan...

ted arsitek loh nonton deh sampe tau mirip2 kehidupannya >.<